Students are offered industry oriented programs where creative learning and exploration empowers them with strong design aesthetics and key skills to provide design based solutions. Students learn by doing with studio based learning and continuous industry interface.
Mr. Anuj Prasad
Founder and CEO, Desmania Design
Prof. Lalit Kumar Das
Head-I.D.D. Centre, I.I.T., New Delhi
Mrs. Lipika Sud
Director, Dimension Designers Pvt. Ltd.
Prof. S. Balaram
Dean, D.J. Academy of Design,
Designer &Former Chairman,
Education - NID
Mr. Sugato Sen
Deputy Director General,
Society of Indian Automobile
Prof. Vivek Sabharwal
Director, Apeejay School of
Architecture & Planning
- The School of Design and Visual Arts carries forth the legacy of over two decades built by the Apeejay Institute of Design (AID), New Delhi
- MoUs & collaborations with leading foreign institutions/universities for students and faculty exchange along with curriculum/research support
Studio and Workshop
- All creative ideas and concepts are frozen in well-equipped design studios with facilities like spot lighting, full scale boards for freedom to sketch & illustrate, and custom-designed furniture to set the right mood for students of design.
- The students have access to state-of-the-art computer labs and latest graphics/ design software to shape their ideas into reality.
- Each specific area of design studio is attached to a specific workshop. Fashion Design, for instance, is attached to a Fabrication Lab, wherein, all design concepts are actually fabricated into garments with the help of latest machines.
- Similarly, visual concepts are carried out in the Photography Lab and all design concepts of the interiors are fabricated in the Carpentry Workshop aided with the latest equipment.
There are several well-equipped labs in this School that are necessary for the fullest development of creative growth in students. They are discussed below:
The studio is used for apparel construction, visual & technical drawing, illustrations, research work, and imparting the technical knowledge of the subject.
Digital Media Lab and Animation Studio
Designated labs and studios are utilized for creating layout design, art works, illustrations, research, character design and animation.
Interior Design Studio
The studio is used by interior design students for visual and technical drawings, model-making, research work and imparting technical knowledge.
Material Labs & Workshops
Enable students to handle various materials and develop hand skills.
Photography Studio / Videography Lab
The Lab and Studios are used for students to learn advertising photography, portrait photography, croma shooting, video recording & editing.
Students develop their software skills enhancing their technical knowledge and its applications.
- Fashion Designers
- Visual Merchandisers
- Textile Designers
- Apparel Designers
- Fashion Stylists
- Fashion Show Organizers/Fashion Publishers
- Website Designer
- Game Designers / Animators
- Designprenuers / Entrepreneurs
- Product Developers in Design Merchandising
ASU has learned faculty, highly qualified with industrial experience.
View all faculty members