Going by the concept “psychosomatic”, a physical illness affects mental balance and a mental illness affects the physical balance. The course deals with a very close relationship between the psyche and the soma leading to the emergence of the whole field of health psychology.
Thus health psychology focuses on how biological, social and psychological factors influence health and illness. There are serious illnesses like cancer, asthma, arthritis and so on, which all also have psychological determinants, which if handled simultaneously along with physical treatment, get the person back to normal.
B.A./B.Sc.(H) Psychology/Applied Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Home Science, Sociology, Social Work, with a minimum of 55% marks (B+ grade)
Fee and Scholarships (2022-23)
|Aggregate Score obtained in 10+2 examination||Net Tuition fee (per annum) after scholarship *|
|For Students||For Defence Personnel/ Wards||For Apeejay Alumnus|
|greater than 93%||70,000||70,000||70,000|
|Net Tuition Fee (per annum) without scholarship||1,00,000||1,00,000||1,00,000|
** Additional Charges are inclusive of:
|Development Fee||INR 20,000 per annum|
|Security Fee||INR 5,000 One Time Payable (Refundable)|
|CRC||INR 3,000 One Time Payable with the 1st Semester Fee|
|Online Library||INR 2,000 per annum|
|Group Insurance Accident Policy||INR 200 per annum|
- The students get excellent training under Health psychologists in hospitals and clinics. They can also be entrepreneurs and work as freelancers and consultant health psychologists.
- Development of Health Psychology.
- A bio/psycho/social approach to health and wellbeing..
- Psychology of emotions, addiction, coping with aging
- Attitudes, beliefs & behaviour: Models of health behaviour.
- Health behaviours of children and adolescents.
- Stress, behaviour and illness. Adjusting to chronic health conditions
- Therapeutics, family therapy, counselling and types of counselling
- Health psychology in Health care settings.