MBA with dual specialization at School of Management Sciences is a two-year full-time degree programme intended to prepare students for national and global careers in diverse sectors. The curriculum is designed to aim at preparing its graduates to achieve holistic development through interactive learning, project-based internship and experiential learning with simulation games. It lays emphasis on developing competencies across functional areas required at various managerial positions. The School lays great emphasis on ‘Skill Development’ and provides live opportunities for extensive exposure to the practical aspects of real life business cases, both in the domestic and global scenario. While it prepares students for taking up managerial roles in the corporate sector, it also gives them opportunity to realise their own entrepreneurial dreams. Students can choose any 2 specialisations out of the 8 specialisations offered by the School – based on their profiling and counselling by industry experts & their mentors. Regular interaction with industry and business leaders from across the country through special lectures is the key for making graduates industry-ready.
Two year full time post graduate degree programme
- Minimum 3 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate from a recognised University/Institute by AICTE/UGC. Students appearing for their final year degree examination may also apply but they have to meet eligibility criteria within a stipulated period.
- Valid score in CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT/SNAP/any other Central/State competitive score for 2020 admissions.
- Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Key Benefits of the Program
- Teaching pedagogy in MBA adopted by us comprises Simulation, Case Study, Role Play and Expert Lectures which enhances skills (specifically ‘analytical and critical thinking’) required for better decision making. It also enhances their ability to work as a team member, a key requirement for working in any industry.
- Results in more options in diversified industry for placement with more job opportunities in various areas such as MNCs, FMCGs, foreign banks, Retail, Media, IT, Consultancy, Manufacturing and Service Industries. Accenture, Wipro, HDFC, India bulls, Citi Bank. Zomato, Coca Cola and ONGC are some of the names where our MBA students will have opportunities for internships and placements.
- Leads to holistic learning of students by studying different courses of various streams under our Liberal Arts philosophy.
- Personalised attention to students to groom them for the industry and shape their life skills. Batch size of 20 has been kept intentionally in order to meet international standards.
The School offers 8 specialisations, namely:
- Human Resources
- Operations Management
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Retail Management
- Entrepreneurship (subject to minimum cohort of 5 students opting for one specialization)
- University has global collaborations with University of Toledo, Delaware Valley University, University of Central Florida, Nottingham Trent University, Saint Joseph’s University, Arcadia University and Penn State University.
- MBA students may get international exposure by spending few weeks in France at Normandy Business School, Paris or in the United States at University of Toledo.
Corporate tie-ups for Internships & placements
Corporate Resource Center in ASU provides internship & placement opportunities in many organisations of repute. Names of few companies are: Amazon, Airtel, Asian Paints, Aditya Birla, Yes Bank, Nestle, ITC, HDFC, IndusInd Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Securities, Tata Capital Financial Services, S&P Global, OYO, MakeMy Trip, Indus Tower, GSK, Muthoot Fincorp, Birla Sun Life, BYJU’s, Ernst & Young India, Deloitte, Decathlon, WNS, Urban Clap, Unimrkt Research, Unicharm, Sandhar Technologies, SAB Miller, RSPL Ltd., RocSearch, Puravankara, Protiviti, Minda Group, Kotak Life Insurance, Gartner, FIS, Fenesta, DBS, Cure Fit, Channel Play, Capital First, BhartiAxa, Avon, Aviva Life Insurance, To the New, KPMG, Moody Analyst, CSC, MRF, Land Mark Group, HCL, American Express, Jio, SBI Mutual Funds, H&M, MAN, Tata Class Edge, Dyson, Black Rock, Jaro Education, India Bulls, Berger Paints, Truefitt & Hill, Nilkamal, India Mart, Cars24.com, Quess Corp, etc.
Fee and Scholarships (2021-22)
Based on graduation Marks for General category (Net amount after scholarship)
|(In INR)||For Students||For Defence Personnel/ Wards||For Apeejay Alumnus|
|Tuition Fee (per annum)||3,60,000||3,60,000|
|Net Tuition fee (per annum) after scholarship*:|
|Less than or equal to 60%||2,05,000||1,95,000||1.85,000|
|Greater than 60%||1,85,000||1,75,000||1,65,000|
Additional scholarship available on high merit/higher percentile scores in Management competitive exams (CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/SNAP/NMAT/State government exams) for truly deserving students on case-by-case basis, subject to approval of competent authority on recommendation of high level committee headed by VC.
** Additional Charges are inclusive of:
|Development Fee||INR 20,000 per annum|
|e-Library||INR 2,000 per annum|
|Group Insurance Accident Policy||INR 200 per annum|
|CRC||INR 3,000 One Time Payable with the 1st Semester Fee|
|Security Fee||INR 5,000 One Time Payable (Refundable)|
* In case of IB, industrial foreign visit will be compulsory at students cost
Graduates having Marketing as specialisation get plenty of opportunities in the field of Sales & Services, CRM, Branding, Media Planning and Digital Marketing. Companies like Heinz, HUL, P&G, ITC, Britannia and many FMCG companies in small medium enterprises have huge openings in this field every year.
Finance as a specialisation provides opportunities as Finance Executive/Manager, Financial Analyst, Financial Planner, Investment Manager, Portfolio Manager and Risk Analyst. Organisations like KPMG, PWC, various banks and stock broking companies absorb such students.
Those opting for HR as a specialisation are absorbed as HR Manager, HR Consultants, Executive Recruiter and T&D Manager in organisations like ABC Consultant, Manpower Consultants, Oracle, Infosys, Mahindra Group and almost all SMEs as all have HR Department to carry out staff functions. IB as a specialization is very good in the prevalent time as many companies are going for international market due to shrinking of the domestic market. Graduates, getting extensive knowledge of export documentations, pre-post shipment finance, export incentives & procedures are hired by export houses and other companies who are opting for international business development. All MNCs and logistics companies hire IB Graduates.
IT specialisation gives opportunities like Information Officer, MIS Officer, Data Analyst and R&D team member. Specialisation in Operation Management & Retail Management opens door in companies involved in Supply Chain, Inventory Control, Operations Strategy, Production and Operations in companies like TCI, Tata Motors, Maruti Udyog and Britannia. Government and private oil companies also provide lots of opportunities every year.
Entrepreneurship as a specialisation is designed not only for Business Founder and Start-Up Promoter but also for investors, venture capitalists & small business owners. This course teaches to take optimal decisions, risks evaluation and minimising risks in businesses.
Course OutlineClick here for detailed course outline
Faculty trained from premier institutions, has both corporate and academic experience and is able to provide customised attention to students.View all faculty members APPLY NOW