Innovation can make a significant impact on human life by improving the quality of life and increasing productivity to cater to their needs. It is important because it leads to the development of new and improved products, be it physical products, services and systems and the value it offers to people which aims to be more efficient, safer, or simply more aesthetically pleasing. Innovation can make a significant impact on human life by improving the quality of life and increasing productivity.
Innovation at Product Design programme at SDVA typically covers a wide-range of topics related to the design of new products. Students in this specialisation, learn about the entire product development process, from initial idea generation to final production. In addition to coursework, students in the Product Design programme complete industry internships or other real-world experience to gain hands-on experience in the field.
Upon graduation, product designers are prepared for careers in a variety of industries, including consumer goods, appliances, digital products, automotive, furniture, lifestyle products, handicrafts, industrial equipment and medical devices. In these industries, product designers may work on everything from developing new product concepts to overseeing production. Additionally, many product designers with industry experience eventually move into management, industry-leading positions or build their own organisations.
The major areas of academic inputs:
- The entire product development process, from initial idea generation to final production.
- How to design products that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- The use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- How to conduct market research and understand consumer needs.
- The principles of ergonomics and human factors.
- Technology, trends and future focus, both physical and virtual.
- The manufacturing process and the materials used in product design.
- Quality control and product testing.
- The business aspects of Product Design, such as marketing and branding.
- Value creation, design sustainability and impact on life.
- Aspiring students must have completed a +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination from any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any Board/Public School/University Examination conducted in India or abroad which is equivalent to the 10+2 system and is accorded by the Association of Indian Universities.
|For Students||For Defence Personnel/ Wards||For Apeejay Alumnus|
|Net Tuition fee (per annum) after scholarship *||1,68,000||1,58,000||1,48,000|
|Net Tuition Fee (per annum) without scholarship||2,60,000||2,60,000||2,60,000|