December 19, 2023: With an aim to a bridge the gap between the Legal Education and Legal Industry, delegates from SLS-ASU including the faculty members and students visited the Bar Associations at Sohna and Palwal Courts on 19.12.2023. These Courts are situated in the closest proximity to the ASU Campus.
We met the Presidents of the Dist.Bar Associations to collaborate on possible exchange of resources and workout on a feasible MOU between the organizations for a minimum period of 05 years. The primary aims and objectives of the collaborations were focused mainly as mentioned below:
- Student’s Internships & Placements
- Enrolment of Students with the Bar
- Working closely with Lok Adalats
- Providing Free Legal Aid to the needy and poor litigants
- Organizing Legal Aid Camps in association with DLSA
- Empanelment of Sr. Lawyers on Dept. Faculty Board etc.
Lastly, the Presidents of the respective Bar Associations have assured to extend their support and cooperation to the SLS-ASU in future. They have also appreciated the commendable work done by SLS-ASU in providing Clinical Legal Education to students.