I'm in my BJMC first year and I've got a published article in the SJMC newsletter. I also have recorded and presented programmes for radio and television and now I'm learning video editing. Not bad? Eh..? Oh yes, I speak Hindi fluently. My cousins back in Nigeria would get jealous, I suppose.
– Halima Bello Husseini
Life in my hometown Rourkela (Odisha) was good but I had to look away from Rourkela as I wanted to pursue my masters in journalism and mass communication from an institute of higher learning. I shortlisted Apeejay Stya University’s SJMC, visited the campus in Gurgaon with my father and the moment I met the faculty members in the SJMC studio - my decision was made. I’m so pleased to be here among professionals from the broadcast industry.
– Ankit Pattnaik
"At the SJMC, ASU, we have our own newspaper, ASU Express; a dedicated TV studio; an online radio station, Styavani; a TV Channel on YouTube and a very strong presence on Facebook & Twitter. This is how we learn our basics in journalism and mass communication."
– Namit Joshi
Be part of a thrilling and creative career
in media and entertainment industry!
Become a TV News anchor or a Radio Jockey or become an advertising professional or pursue a career in PR/Events.
Develop your creative skills & strong aptitude for writing – be it for print or web.
At SJMC you will be encouraged to think differently and develop critical thinking skills necessary for a successful career in the Entertainment and Media industry.
- Robust growth in the Media and Entertainment industry
- Huge job opportunities across media platforms – both in India & abroad
- Excellent learning ambience necessary to discover your true creative potential
- Grooming future professionals across media platforms
Key Programme Features:
- International pattern of education
- Industry-oriented curriculum
- Huge industry interface & corporate exposure
- Programme comprising major, minor & core subjects
- Project based assignments
- Hands-on training
- Inculcate creative thinking
- Enriching student life
- Organising film festivals and other such activities
- Semester based academic schedule
- Encouraging community engagement
- Small batch size to ensure personal attention
- Dynamic & continuous evaluation
- Internship: Training in reputed media organisations
- Placement: Leveraging excellent placement record of sister institute, Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication